Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Day 9...the long story.

Day 9. May 28th.

I headed back towards Idaho and my parents ranch this day.

I ended up getting rained more than enough this day. Maybe this was
mothers natures way of telling me I needed a shower? I ended up
getting wet enough that I needed to find some better rain pants. My
lightweight ones where just not cutting it any more. The water would
kinda get thrown up inside the bowl of the seat and soak through my
light rain gear into my pants. Having a soggy cold back end is no fun
at all.

At some point I pulled over in Hamilton, Montana at a Bob Wards
sporting goods store. The girls there got me fixed up with some nice
WATERPROOF pants and didn't even seem put off by my lack of bathing.
Maybe those road showers really do help?

The best thing ever is the weather underground mobile site for your
smart phone. It lets you see current radar and track trail on your
journey. I used this more than once to time a shoot between a pair of
storms that where moving across the highway.

I stopped and visited with some old friends on the way. Got some great
food. Basically I had a great time even though the weather was being a
pain in my rear.

With an open old flat fender jeep with tires that stick WAY outside of
the body you have interesting inventive thoughts on the road. Have you
ever seen wipers on the INSIDE of a windshield? How do you keep the
water from ending up on the underside of the bikini top and dripping
on your head? What kind of seats would be the most waterproof? Do they
make seat heaters that would work in the rain?

Fun times.....

No comments:

Post a Comment