Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Day 7...the long story.

Day Seven? May 26th

This day was freaking perfect. We covered a lot of miles and
everything was really clicking.

We where back in the middle of nowhere for sure. We backtracked over a
pass we had already gone over to get back into another area. Sadly we
where not able to connect out the other side of much stuff, but it was
still fun none the less!

I got to break trail over a small pass this day. It was REALLY nice to
lead through some stuff. It made me feel like my driving was catching
up with the other guys ( yeah right! ).

This was the day we finally had to use our auxiliary fuel. I put in 10
gallons, I think one of the TJs squeezed in 14 gallons. I seemed to be
using about the same amount of fuel as the larger jeeps. That wasn't
too bad for my carbureted old engine I don't think. Both TJs are
running 5.3 GM engines. The super siphon worked GREAT for transferring
fuel. No mess, no sore arms from holding up the can, etc. My friend
REALLY liked it after I let him try it on one of his cans!

Off we went in another direction. This day was my favorite by far. I
got to break some trail effectively, we covered a lot of ground, no
problems at all really.

No comments:

Post a Comment