Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Camping at Crystal hot springs

I am all tucked in for the night at Crystal hot springs located at the north end of Utah. $20 for a soak, spot, shower, bathroom, and tree's to set up my hammock. I got stopped soon enough I could give the willys a good look over in the daylight. The rear axle flange bolts needed snuggled. I think all the on off throttle in traffic is hard on them. Heck, I almost had a screw loose after all that traffic. I was in a bit of a traffic daze at one point, or a carbon monoxide partial comma, when I looked to my right to see a guy plastered to the window in his yj with a camera. All I could think of was to give a thumbs up and smile. At least I hope it looked like a smile not from someone escaped from the nearest looney bin.

Anyways. The transmission has developed a leak at the front adapter near as I can tell. It only does it when its really hot. Some of those outer 55mph roads I took where like ovens with a 20 foot concrete wall on each side and four to six lanes of traffic. I don't think I will be running guided tours on how to cross salt lake at 50mph in a flat fender any time soon!

And yes. I had to carve some tent stakes out of a scavenged piece of firewood. I knew that axe would come in handy...

2 comments:

  1. Give us an update at to how many mile you have gone from time to time.

    ReplyDelete